We are a medium sized, Canterbury based firm.
Established in 1895, we have a proud history of providing first class legal services.
Although our roots are in Canterbury, our reputation extends far beyond. We have a large number of clients who consult us from all around New Zealand and the world in relation to New Zealand legal issues.
Our six partners are supported by a team of associates, solicitors, legal executives, personal assistants and administration staff.
We firmly believe that size isn’t everything. Although some of our lawyers originally hail from large firms, we pride ourselves on providing legal services of the highest quality within a friendly and down to earth environment.
We hope you will notice our friendly way of doing things when you engage with us.
Our principal areas of experience and expertise are:
- Commercial: Company Law; Business Sales, Purchases and Joint Ventures; Insolvency and Corporate Recovery; Agribusiness
- Property: Commercial; Residential; Rural; Subdivisions; Construction and Development
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution: Civil; Commercial; Employment; Arbitration; Mediation
- Insurance: Earthquake Issues; Professional Indemnity
- Trusts and Estates: Asset Planning; Wills; Administration
We do not want or pretend to be experts at everything. Instead, we want to be the best at what we do. If your problem or opportunity requires advice outside our specialist areas, we are happy to work in collaboration with others to achieve the best result for you.